Have you ever wondered what is the best way to meal prep a salad? It can seem cumbersome at times. You have to get a container for the salad, maybe another container for different toppings, and a little container for your dressing. Whether you follow a low FODMAP diet or not, you’re going to appreciate this Low FODMAP Mason Jar Salad recipe!
Why prepare your salad in a mason jar? All of your salad components fit in one jar! You start at the bottom with your wet ingredients to prevent it from mixing prematurely and build off of that. That means your salad dressing goes in first, then other vegetables or legumes, topped with leafy greens. For this recipe, we suggest, after the salad dressing, placing the carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, chickpeas, rice, cabbage, greens, and sunflower seeds on top. The last thing you need to do before enjoying is giving it a shake and placing it in a large bowl!
Low FODMAP Mason Jar Salad
- 1/4 cup carrot sliced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper red, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup cabbage red, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3/4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/4 Tbsp olive oil garlic infused
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper at the bottom of your mason jar.
- Next layer carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, chickpeas, rice, cabbage, greens, and sunflower seeds on top of dressing in jars.
- You can refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving and dump in a bowl.
Want to try a different salad dressing for this Low FODMAP Mason Jar Salad? Check out FODY Foods!
Want more low FODMAP recipes? We have you covered!
- 20 Easy Low FODMAP Snacks if You Are Struggling with IBS
- 10 Low FODMAP Friendly Breakfasts
- 10 Low FODMAP Friendly Lunch Ideas to Mix Up Your Meal Prep
- 10 Low FODMAP Meals that are Quick and Easy
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Blog contributions: Amaris Galik
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.