This is a great recipe if you have fresh basil growing in a pot or your garden. First, make the pesto sauce in a blender. Then boil gluten-free pasta and while the pasta is boiling, you can saute the vegetables. Once the pesto sauce and vegetables are cooked, mix them together and then put them on top of pasta and enjoy!
Did you know that all these recipes are in our searchable recipe database that you can search by condition to find a collection of tried and true dietitian-approved recipes. Our culinary dietitians create recipes, prepare them and even photograph them. Luckily our dietitians have excellent cooking skills and are able to translate their recipes into easy recipes that taste great too!
If you are unfamiliar with low FODMAP diets and want to learn more, take a look at our popular blog:
Give this Low FODMAP Pesto Pasta recipe a try and write your comments below.
Low FODMAP Pesto Pasta
- 1 box pasta We used Ancient Harvest Brand, Gluten Free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup basil washed thoroughly and spun dry
- 1 1/2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cups parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Prepare the pesto sauce by first washing and drying the basil leaves.
- Toast pine nuts over medium heat until nuts have browned slightly.
- In a blender, place the basil, olive oil, salt and pine nuts and blend. Pour blender contents into a bowl and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Boil pot of water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, peppers, zucchini and then cover with lid. Stirring occasionally, cook the vegetables until they are tender. About 10 minutes.
- Mix the prepared pesto sauce in with the vegetables. Top the pasta with the veggie mixture. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.