Spinach and artichoke stuffed chicken beats your traditional chicken recipes!
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken is a quick and easy way to make chicken exciting and very fancy to impress your family and your guests. Eating your usual baked or grilled chicken breast can get boring or taste bland. This recipe helps add in extra vegetables to your balanced plate, add in extra flavors, and a touch of color.
How to create a stuffed chicken you’ll love:
Start by cutting your chicken breast in half by cutting almost all the way through the middle. Season the top and bottom of your chicken with your favorite spices we enjoy making things simple with just some salt and pepper. Then choose your favorite vegetable or two such as broccoli, tomatoes, or spinach. You may also add your favorite dairy or non-dairy cheese. Combine ingredients, stuff your chicken, and get ready to bake or grill!
Next, we cannot forget about our sides! This recipe does not include recipes for any sides but we will share some below! Some tasty sides include rice, mashed potatoes, or grilled vegetables.
Here are some links for delicious slides created by our registered dietitians:
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 can artichokes chopped well
- 1/2 pack spinach frozen
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Heat pan over medium heat. Drizzle in olive oil, add in onions and cook until tender. Add in artichokes and spinach and garlic. Cook until heat through. Add in goat cheese, breaking up apart until goat cheese is melted and everything is combined. Set aside to cool.
- Take the chicken breast, and butterfly them (or you can ask your butcher to do this for you!). Place some filling inside the chicken breast and fold back over. Secure chicken breast with toothpicks so the filling stays inside.
- Preheat oven 350F. Heat an oven safe pan with a drizzle of canola oil over medium high heat. Place chicken and sear until golden brown (about 3 minutes). Flip chicken over, add ½ cup white wine and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, and serve with veggies such as asparagus and a starch such as brown rice.
If you need more recipes to spice up your chicken check these out:
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Oven Ratatouille
- Almond Crusted Chicken is sure to become one of your favorites
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.