See complete recipe below and let us know if you think it is as tasty as your grandma’s traditional mac & cheese.
If you are interested in other tasty side dishes that are low in carbs and/or gluten-free, you have come to the right place. Take a look at the recipe database on this website and search for gluten-free or diabetes and you will find a wide variety of nutritious recipes that taste good too.
If you like our cauliflower mac and cheese, here ere are a few to give you an idea of other low carb recipes that we have to offer:
Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- 1 large cauliflower head
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup milk
- 2 oz cream cheese reduced fat
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cheese cheddar, shredded and mild
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil spray.
- While oven is heating up, cut the head of cauliflower into small florets and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place cauliflower in the heated oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes stir the cauliflower (being sure to flip the florets) and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Once cauliflower is finished, transfer it to the prepared 8 x 8 baking dish. Set oven to 375° F.
- Place 1 cup of milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cream cheese, dijon mustard, and garlic to the milk and stir until smooth.
- Once smooth, add the ½ cups of parmesan, mild cheddar, and swiss cheese along with a dash of salt and pepper. Whisk this until the cheeses are completely melted.
- Pour on top of cauliflower and mix.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Once finished, let cool slightly, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.