Our dietitians love to create and even photograph our tasty and nutritious recipes to help you manage all kinds of medical conditions like low FODMAP tasty recipes that can help if you have tummy troubles and are following a low FODMAP diet. Did you know that you can search our recipe database to find a wide variety of digestive friendly recipes that are tasty and easy to make. Take a look at this link here.
Did you know that we have written two cookbooks that will help you if you are trying to eat a healthier diet and if you have digestive difficulties, this recipe should be easier on your stomach than traditional hash.
This recipe is in our newest dietitian-approved cookbook, NOURISHED: 10 Ingredients to Happy Healthy Eating
Low FODMAP Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 large sweet potato
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb turkey ground
- 1/2 cup scallion (green part), chopped
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh
- Cook 2 sweet potatoes in the microwave until tender, but not too mushy. Peel and cut into small cubes
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium high heat and add bell pepper. Cook until tender. Add ground turkey, breaking up until cooked. Add green part of scallions and cook for 1 minute. Remove from pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 4 tbsp oil to the skillet and add the sweet potatoes in a single layer. Let cook (untouched) for 5 minutes until golden brown, stir and allow to cook until potatoes are golden.
- Add turkey mixture and season well with salt and pepper.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
Hash is delicious, so what you do if you need to follow a low FODMAP diet? Give this Low FODMAP Breakfast hash recipe a try!
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.