And when making our three bean chili, don’t forget to use our no sodium chili seasoning!
Three Bean Chili
- 1 bell pepper stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz canned tomatoes diced
- 15.5 oz black beans canned
- 15.5 oz kidney beans canned
- 15.5 oz pinto beans canned
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp no sodium chili seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with desired toppings like sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, cilantro, etc.
If you have not seen our NOURISHED: 10 Ingredients to Happy Healthy Eating cookbook, take a look here. All of our recipes are dietitian-approved meaning that they have all been taste tested by our team, have limited ingredients and take minimal amount of time to prepare and can be easily modified as needed. In addition to the cookbook section of our book, have sections identifying what kind of eater you are, what is normal eating, organizing your kitchen, meal planning, grocery shopping, meal prep, eating at home, eating outside the home, adopting the non-dietitng mentality, behavior chain analysis, meal planning sheets, grocery store shopping tips and more!
In addition to this recipe, here are some of our other favorite chili recipes include:
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.