Although this watermelon feta salad recipe is just a single serving, you can easily make it for more people using however much watermelon or leafy greens you have on hand. Because of the ingredients in this salad, it might not be best to make too far in advance – there is a lot of moisture between the arugula and the watermelon. However, you could prep the salad components, such as having one container of everything except the watermelon, and adding the watermelon to the salad at the time of consumption.
If you’re looking for other summery salads, look no further! We have tons! Check out this strawberry fields salad. Or maybe you’re finding this in the winter – check out this winter white bean salad.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup watermelon diced
- 1 oz feta cheese cubed or crumbled
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves or basil; fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar or 1 Tbsp balsamic glaze
- Carefully remove watermelon rind (discard) and cut watermelon into cubes.
- Place arugula in serving bowl. Top with watermelon, feta, walnuts, and mint (or basil). Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette (or balsamic glaze). Enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.