Chicken Fajitas is a low carb, high protein main dish that is perfect if you are new to meal prepping or a beginner cook. It can also be a great recipe to use for gatherings because it is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and diabetes-friendly. So, it can accommodate a lot of conditions!
Using chicken breasts lowers the total fat and saturated fat in the meal because chicken breast is a lean protein. You can also use chicken tenderloins which are still lean. Chicken tenderloins tend to be priced a little cheaper than chicken breasts. Chicken thighs may be even cheaper than tenderloins, but they tend to be naturally higher in saturdated fats compared to chicken breast or tenderloinds.
For another slow-cooked protein, try Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 bell pepper green & red, sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes crushed
- Place all ingredients in a one gallon freezer bag. Try to push as much air out of the bag as possible, and seal bag. Stir well and lay flat in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, thaw meal in fridge overnight. Place contents of bag into the slow cooker. Set on low for 8 hours. Serve with tortillas or rice and any desired toppings.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.