Look at this mouth watering recipe! YUMMY!
Did you know that we like this recipe so much, we have it featured in two places:
- in our Mayhem to Mealtime Program
- and in our NOURISHED: 10 Ingredients to Happy Healthy Eating cookbook
Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced, plus additional for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro fresh, minced
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 2 large mahi mahi filet or any white flesh fish
- 1 tbsp blackening seasoning
- 8 tortilla flour or corn (to make it gluten-free)
- 2 cups cabbage finely shredded
- Mix the mango, avocado, onion, and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl. Season with cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Heat a grilled, or stovetop grill pan until hot. Drizzle a little coating of oil over the fish and rub on the blackening spice. Cook the fish, undisturbed for 4 minute. Carefully flip with spatula and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes or wrap in damp paper towels and microwave for 1 minute until warm and pliable.
- Break the fish into chunks and divide among the warm tortillas. Top with cabbage and the mango salsa. Serve with the lime wedges.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Let us know what you think of our recipe in the comments section below.