You may know that we are a team of Registered Dietitians who do only counsel clients in our four offices in Maryland and virtually via telehealth. We also love to spend time cooking and taking photos of our completed recipes to inspire you to get in the kitchen and also cook. Good food does not have to be difficult or fancy to be tasty and nutritious. We focus on making food simple so you can spend time doing things that you really love. Many of our clients do not have a lot of experience cooking new foods especially fish, so here is some inspiration for you.
Our team of dietitians cook and photograph our recipes to inspire you to try new recipes. If you are looking for more fish recipes, here are some of our most popular seafood recipes.
- Air fried cod nuggets
- Crispy rainbow trout
- Fish tacos
- Salmon lettuce wraps
- Sardines and roasted tomatoes on toast
- Shrimp and asparagus quinoa
Sweet Chili and Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes
- 14 oz salmon canned, or fresh cooked and flaked
- 1 sweet potato cooked and cooled
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- avocado oil for cooking
- Place salmon in bowl. Scoop out flesh of sweet potato into bowl. Discard skin.
- Add 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, egg, sweet chili sauce, and salt if desired. Mix gently to combine.
- Form into 8 patties. Place remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat outside of each patty lightly with breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1 Tbsp avocado oil in skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook patties. Flip carefully when underside is golden brown and crispy. Continue with remaining patties, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve immediately. These also freeze well and can be reheated easily!
Please let us know what you think about our Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes recipe in the comments below.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.