Greek Orzo Salad with Lamb Meatballs and Tzatziki
- 1 lb lamb ground
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- 12 oz pasta whole wheat orzo
- 1 cucumber English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 cups tomato cherry, diced
- 1/2 onion red, finely diced
- 1 cup feta cheese Crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Greek yogurt plain
- 1 cucumber grated, excess liquid removed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1-1/2 tbsp dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, greek seasoning, salt, pepper, egg, and breadcrumbs. Mix well, and roll into 1 inch meatballs. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until browned and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add orzo and cook until al dente. Drain, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion, feta, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve orzo salad with lamb meatballs and tzatziki.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.