Bright and Tasteful Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Lamb Meatballs and Tzatziki is a wonderful way to break up your normal routine of eating chicken and fish every evening. This recipe is great for any season it is filling, flavorful, and contains several different vegetables for extra fiber! Load up your plate with this Greek orzo pasta salad then top off your plate with our lamb meatballs and tangy tzatziki sauce. And once you make this recipe, you will be having My Big Fat Greek Wedding Flashbacks for days!
This Greek Orzo salad is made with fresh vegetables like crunchy tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion! It is seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil for a light vinaigrette style taste. The prep and cook time is as little as 30 minutes and can serve up to 6 guests or more! This recipe is great for your next friends or family gathering.
This dish also tastes great with whole wheat or gluten free pasta! Customize your orzo salad however you’d like by adding different vegetables like zucchini or carrots or a different protein source such as shrimp or chicken. We think you will love this recipe just as it is. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Greek Orzo Salad with Lamb Meatballs and Tzatziki
- cooking spray
- 1 lb lamb ground
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 12 oz pasta whole wheat orzo
- 1 cucumber English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 cups tomato cherry, diced
- 1/2 onion red, finely diced
- 1 cup feta cheese Crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Greek yogurt plain
- 1 cucumber grated, excess liquid removed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1-1/2 tbsp dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, greek seasoning, salt, pepper, egg, and breadcrumbs. Mix well, and roll into 1 inch meatballs. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until browned and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add orzo and cook until al dente. Drain, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion, feta, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve orzo salad with lamb meatballs and tzatziki.
Loving this pasta recipe? Check out our other recipes!
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.