Shrimp and Asparagus Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 scallion sliced thinly
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 bunches asparagus chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper add more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chile flakes exclude if you do not tolerate spice
- Prepare quinoa according to package replacing water with chicken stock. Add 1 tbsp of the oregano and basil into the pot of uncooked quinoa
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan or wok. Add in 2 cloves of garlic and the scallion and saute for 1-2 minutes until scallions are translucent.
- Add in the shrimp, the lemon juice, and the remaining seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Remove shrimp and set aside. In the same pan add in remaining oil and garlic. Add in asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook until asparagus is tender.
- Combine the shrimp, quinoa, asparagus into a large bowl. Add any extra seasonings or lemon juice to taste and enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.