If you enjoy apples as much as we do, take a look at our popular blog: 10 Ways to Eat Apples with Delicious and Easy Apple Recipes. And if you are looking for the rest of your Thanksgiving menu, take a look at this 8 Dietitian Approved Easy Thanksgiving Recipes For Your Holiday Table to give you inspiration on healthier spins of traditional Thanksgiving dinner specialities.
For other tasty dessert recipes with a healthy spin, take a look at these:
- Black Bean Brownies
- Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote
- Cherry Nice Cream
- Chocolate Greek Yogurt Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bites
Warm Cinnamon Apples with Crunchy Almond Topping
- 2 apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally, and cook until apples are soft and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- While apples are cooking, place sliced almonds in a dry pan, and place over medium-high heat. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir. Watch closely, and cook until almonds are lightly toasted.
- Serve apples and almond topping over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our Warm Baked Cinnamon Apples with Crunchy Almond Topping recipe, please leave your comments below.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.