Zucchini fries is a great way to introduce zucchini as part of a kid-friendly meal. It also makes a great appetizer or snack and a brilliant way to use up the extra zucchini that you may be growing in your garden. Actually, we get that question often, “What should I do with all the zucchini that I have?”
Here are some of our favorite zucchini recipes:
Baked zucchini fries, see recipe below.
You can also search our recipe database with the word zucchini under the ingredients tab and you will see even more tasty, dietitian-approved recipes that our culinary nutritionists have created, prepared and photographed just like the one below. We hope these recipes inspire you to make new recipes using zucchini and other natural ingredients to promote health and wellness for you and your family.
In addition to making this recipe in the oven, you can also prepare it and cook it in an air-fryer. We also have air-fryer recipes in our recipe database. Thinking about recipes in terms of food preparation method is called technique cooking and that is something that we help our clients utilize especially for people who need to have additional recipes based on food sensitivities. We actually have a food sensitivity cookbook also for anyone needing to have quick, easy recipes that can easily be customized.
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 zucchini large
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs panko
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese shredded
- Black pepper
- 1 egg whisked
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Cut ends off zucchinis, cut in half crosswise, then cut each piece into fry-shaped spears.
- In a shallow dish, combine panko, parmesan, salt and pepper. In a separate dish, whisk egg. Dip zucchini fries into egg, and then dredge in panko mixture.
- Place zucchini fries onto a baking sheet fit with a wire rack.
- Place fries in oven and bake until zucchini is soft and panko is brown and crispy, about 20 minutes, flipping fries halfway through.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.