What else do we love about this easy chicken curry recipe? Well, it is high in protein and fiber, not to mention that it is also diabetes friendly, gluten-free, heart healthy, and low in sodium.
If you like takeout food, you are going to love this recipe and if you love this recipe, you are going to love this blog filled with copycat restaurant recipes all with a healthier version than takeout.
This blog brings you some of our favorite take out dishes, but in an easy to make at home way! These come together quickly, and make excellent leftovers. They are also great for meal prep. What is meal prep, so glad you asked! We are also huge fans of meal prep to take the stress out of cooking.
We hope you enjoy this Curry Recipe for dinner tonight!
5 Ingredient Curry Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lb chicken boneless, skinless breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 13.5-oz can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup peanuts halved
- 4 cups brown rice cooked
- salt and pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and sauté the chicken until cooked through (internal temperature is 165° F or when juices are no longer pink). Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to sauté pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and cook for an additional 6 or 7 minutes, until the milk is reduced by half.
- Return chicken to pan, stirring occasionally, until chicken is heated through.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with peanuts. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Rebecca Bitzer loves to empower Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and their clients. Co-author of Welcome to the Rebelution: Seven steps to the nutrition counseling practice of your dreams and Taste the Sweet Rebellion: Rebel against dieting.