We’ve also made this recipe into DIY gift jars! Layer the dry ingredients in mason jars and give to friends and family as a homemade holiday gift. Instruct the recipient to mix the contents of 1 jar with 1 cup pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup canola oil. Bake in an oiled loaf pan for about 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cranberries dried
- 1 cup oats uncooked
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix pumpkin puree, eggs, and vegetable oil until blended
- Add remaining ingredients (except cooking spray) and stir until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray. Pour batter into the loaf pans, and bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
We love cranberries so much that we often use cranberries in our test kitchen. Cranberries are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Cranberries are also useful to prevent UTIs and the polyphenols are beneficial to our gut health. We use them fresh, canned, or dried. Take a look at these dietitian-approved recipes featuring cranberries.
- Chicken Thighs with cranberries and butternut squash
- Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Cups
- Cranberry Sauce
- Goat Cheese and Cranberry Flatbread with Thyme
- Delicata Squash Salad with Cranberry Balsamic Dressing
Please let us know what you think of this Pumpkin Cranberry Bread in the comments section below!
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.