Pumpkin Cranberry Bread is the perfect quick bread to bake this holiday season. Kick off your festivities by baking this at home to share with your family, or bring it into a holiday party to share with co-workers, friends, and more!
You can easily make jars of mix as a great DIY git. Layer the dry ingredients in mason jars and give to friends and family as a homemade holiday gift. Instruct the recipient to mix the contents of 1 jar with 1 cup pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup canola oil. Bake in an oiled loaf pan for about 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Mason Jar Mix
DIY Gift Jar
- 1 mason jar 1 quart size
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberries dried
- 1/2 cup oats uncooked
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 1 jar of mix prepared above
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- cooking spray
To prepare the mason jar:
- In a mason jar layer, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, 3/4 cup dried cranberries and 1/2 cup rolled oats.
- Close mason jar well.
To prepare the bread:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix pumpkin puree, eggs, and canola oil until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients from jar to the wet ingredients. Stir until just blended.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
We love cranberries so much that we often use cranberries in our test kitchen. Cranberries are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Cranberries are also useful to prevent UTIs and the polyphenols are beneficial to our gut health. We use them fresh, canned, or dried. Take a look at these dietitian-approved recipes featuring cranberries.
- Chicken Thighs with cranberries and butternut squash
- Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Cups
- Cranberry Sauce
- Goat Cheese and Cranberry Flatbread with Thyme
- Delicata Squash Salad with Cranberry Balsamic Dressing
Please let us know what you think of this Pumpkin Cranberry Bread in the comments section below!
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.
I was looking for the instruction to give my friend when she makes the bread from the jar. How many eggs oil or water do u use to mix with the jar to bake
Great question. The instructions have been updated to make that more clear. But you add 1 cup pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup canola oil to the dry mix. Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes.