While there is low FODMAP marinara sauce available at the store (whether it be FODY or Prego Sensitive, or others), sometimes you may just want a quick do-it-yourself version. That’s why we created our super fast and easy homemade low FODMAP marinara recipe.
What You’ll Need
- Canned whole peeled tomatoes
- Garlic-infused olive oil
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
Variations of Low FODMAP Marinara
This is a great base recipe for marinara but you can make it your own with different herbs and spices, more pepper flakes for more spice, sugar for more sweetness, or even use it to make a meat sauce. Sauté some veggies with ground meat, then add the blended sauce ingredients.
Why Make Low FODMAP Marinara?
If you have IBS and have found that garlic and onion are a trigger food for you, then traditional marinara sauces can be a big problem! This marinara provides flavor without the digestive distress and it is so easy!
This can easily be made ahead and stored for 5-6 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer in an airtight container.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Low FODMAP Marinara Sauce
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes whole, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil garlic infused
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and use an immersion blender to mix. If you do not have an immersion blender, use a standard blender and then add to the pot.
- Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite low FODMAP pasta! I love barilla.
As a certified LEAP therapist, Dietitian Kathleen can help you solve your digestive difficulties with cutting edge research and state of the art protocols. Co-author of Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.