This Asian recipe is quick, easy, low carb, dairy-free, diabetes-friendly and nut free. The best part of this recipe is that you can have the same great flavor as an egg roll that you typically eat as an appetizer to instead have a bowl filled with egg roll flavor as your entire meal. Yummy! I am getting hungry just thinking about having an egg roll in a bowl for lunch today!
If you love Asian foods, we have quite a few quick and easy recipes. Take a look at these favorites:
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb pork ground
- 1 bag cabbage shredded, with carrots
- 4 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1/4 tsp white pepper ground
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- In a large pan over medium heat, brown pork. Drain and return to heat.
- Add cabbage and continue to cook until cabbage softens. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve with romaine to make lettuce wraps or over rice. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Please let us know what you think of our Egg roll in a bowl recipe in the comments section below.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.