Beef Lo Mein
- 10 oz udon noodles
- 2 tsp vegetable oil or avocado oil
- 1 bell pepper red, sliced into strips
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into small chunks)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped separating the white and the green sections
- 2 cups green beans cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb sirloin thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook until tender. Set aside. Tip: Pour a little oil over the noodles and mix well to prevent from sticking.
- Heat a wok, or large pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tsp vegetable oil and cook red pepper, carrots, broccoli, white part of the spring onions, and green beans until tender and browned. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Add another tsp of vegetable oil and add beef to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is no longer pink and has begun to brown.
- While the beef cooks, mix garlic powder, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl, set aside.
- Add vegetables back into the pan with the beef, along with noodles. Mix well. Add soy sauce mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Garnish with the green part of green onions. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.