You may not have heard of Pumpkin Turkey Chili before, and if you have not, I definitely recommend giving this recipe a try. You will not even taste the pumpkin, yet it gives the turkey a rich full color and texture. This Pumpkin Turkey Chili is sure to be a game changer.
It is a great recipe for a weeknight dinner, a potluck or for a favorite crowd pleasing football watching event.
This Pumpkin Turkey Chili recipe can easily be prepared on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. I prefer cooking this recipe in the slow cooker so it will be ready when I am finished working at the end of the day in time or dinner or stay warm for a soccer watching or Superbowl party.
This chili recipe is also packed with peppers and chili powder to give it the traditional kick of spicy chili.
If you love slow cooker recipes and chili recipes, you have come to the right place, we have plenty of these recipes on our searchable database on our website. Be sure to check it out.
To wet your whistle, here are some samples of some of our favorite recipes:
Slow cooker recipes:
Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion yellow, diced
- 3 bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 14.5-oz can tomato diced
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs turkey ground
- Heat olive oil in the pan and saute the bell peppers and onion. Add the jalapenos after about 2 minutes.
- Once the peppers and the onions are slightly soft (about 5-7 minutes), add the ground turkey. Cook until turkey is browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!
- Cook turkey in large sauté pan over medium high heat until browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Place turkey and remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
-Recipe blog reviewed and updated by Rebecca Bitzer MS RD LD September 16, 2021
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.