Whether you are new to eating gluten free or are quite the expert, no one will turn down easy and delicious gluten free potluck ideas. With football and fire pit season upon us, it’s best to be prepared for the next outing you might find yourself attending.
What is Gluten?
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley and triticale. While this makes up a large amount of our grain products (bread, pasta, crackers, etc), there are grains and other foods that are naturally gluten free. Companies are using these gluten free foods to produce similar products, like bean-based pastas or nut flour cookies to meet a need for their gluten free customers.
Naturally gluten free foods are (1):
- Buckwheat groats
- Oats (certified gluten free)
- Nut flours
With the abundance of gluten free foods in grocery stores today, most of your common potluck dishes can be made gluten free with simple swaps. For example, finding a gluten free pasta in stores is way easier than it was 10 years ago!
I have gathered some of my favorite gluten free potluck ideas that can also be great dinner sides/main courses. If you are going to an event that you will need to reheat your food, ask ahead if the oven will be in use. If so, opt for a cold dish instead such as a salad!
Potluck Ideas for Cozy Cold Weather Gatherings
- Turkey Chili
- Low FODMAP Cornbread Muffins
- Crisp Quinoa Apple Salad with Pecans
- Gluten Free Baked Pasta with Beef and Mozzarella
- Easy Baked Brie with Honey and Thyme
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pistachio and Pomegranate
- Easy Chicken and Bean Enchiladas
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes with Pesto
- Baked Hummus
- Lentil Noodle Veggie Lasagna
- Gluten Free Apple Bread (and other deliciously sweets from our favorite gluten free desserts blog)
Potluck Ideas for a Summertime BBQ Bash
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Strawberry Fields Salad
- Guacamole with Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad
- Classic Gluten Free Bruschetta
- Cucumber Noodle Greek Salad
- Easy Edamame Salad
- Greek Yogurt Coleslaw
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
Premade Gluten Free Options in The Freezer Section
- Feel Good Foods Products
Feel Good Foods is a gluten free company providing snack foods/bite sized foods that only require baking as they are stored in the freezer section. The options are great for a potluck because of the finger foods options. Some options are:
- Spring rolls
- Thai style spring rolls
- Jalapeno bites
- Egg rolls
- Pepperoni bites
- Macaroni and cheese bites
- Mozzarella sticks
- Trader Joe’s
- Mini chicken or beef tacos
- Gluten free breaded shrimp
- Gluten free mac and cheese
Looking for more Gluten Free Inspiration? Check out these blogs!
As a certified LEAP therapist, Dietitian Kathleen can help you solve your digestive difficulties with cutting edge research and state of the art protocols. Co-author of Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.